A laminate made floor is a real treat for eyes, right? Yeah, it looks so elegant and glossy that, we can’t always assume the mammoth cleaning task of it. And once you have one in your house, the stains, and splits can make it a real mess.
And it’s such a pity for any homemaker is dull laminate floor cleaning becomes a hard nut to crack.
So what do do? Any quick hacks?
Well, we can’t call it a hack actually. But with the best mop for laminate floors, the task becomes quite easier. It’s quick, it’s convenient and it takes way less hassle than what an ordinary mop would take. However, today in this post, we would break down the specs of our hand-picked laminate floor cleaner mops. Take a break from whatever you are doing, and let us proceed-
Check Out Our Top Pick
Smart Living Steam Mop Plus, White and Green
This mop can be applied on Vinyl, Laminate, Tiles and even wooden floors. So, if you’re looking for the best mop for laminate and tile floors that can go well with laminate floors as well, this is the bang for your bucks.
If you have vinyl floor, check out our vinyl floor mop guide
Reviews of Top 10 Best Laminate Floor Cleaner Mops
Below are the top 10 mops for laminate floors on the market today.
01. Smart Living Steam Mop Plus: Best Laminate Mop Overall
- Hard surface cleaning without the need for toxic chemicals or detergents.
- Cleaning using only high temperature steam that reaches temperatures of...
- Sanitize Ceramic floor tiles, Vinyl and Wood laminate floors.
The Smart Living Steam Mop Plus, White and Green. Due to several reasons, we couldn’t help ranking this model at the top of our chart. We will break down the list of features below-
This cleaner not only cleans the floor but also sanitizes it up for safety against invisible germs and micro level mites. The device works within a temperature range of 110 degree centigrade. With that much temperature, highly hot steam will come out and fight out all the germs on the floor.
Throughout the process of cleaning the floor or carpet, you don’t’ need to use any chemical substances with this cleaner. It’s a steam-based cleaner itself, and that’s all you need.
To use this device, you don’t need to master on any rocket science. All you have to do is- fill the cleaner with distilled water, attach the microfiber pad with the mop and let the machine generate steam.
Now, the next important question is- what kind of floor is good to be worked on with this Smart Living Steam Mop Plus, White and Green? Well, we have done extensive research in this concern, and finally ended up with a piece of good news. This mop can be applied on Vinyl, Laminate, Tiles and even wooden floors. So, if you’re looking for the best mop for laminate and tile floors that can go well with laminate floors as well, this is the bang for your bucks.
For different kinds of floors, the cleaning technique will vary from some extents. First of all, the temperature can’t be kept at 110-degree centigrade for all the time. You have to vary the operating temperature to some extent.
Also, there are some quick instructions that might vary from floor type to floor type. You should be super aware of the fact.
Apart from a tiny bit of consciousness in using, we found everything else about this product pretty much fine. Let us know what do you think about this best mop to wash laminate floors.
- Works with the vapor of 110 degree temperature.
- Does the jobs of both sanitizing and cleaning floors.
- Works with laminate, vinyl, wooden and tile floors.
- Easy to fill and use the device.
- The microfiber pad is reusable.
- Steam cleans to fight virtually any kind of dirt.
- Requires distilled water, which is quite expensive.
02. BISSELL PowerFresh: Best Laminate Steam Mop
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL...
- A Safer And Easier Way To Clean Homes With Pets. No Need To Use Harsh...
- The Lift-Off Pet Model Features A 2-In-1 Steam Mop, Allowing You To Tackle...
There are three different types of technologies in case of floor cleaning mops- the steam cleaner, the vacuum type cleaner, and the regular detergent type cleaners. But considering the price and functions, steam type cleaners are quite efficient. And as the second best mop on laminate floors, we’ve picked up one such model. The name is BISSELL PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop and it’s our #2nd best laminate floor cleaning mop.
Let us go through the features and specifications of this model-
As you have known, this cleaner is based on steam based cleaning technology, and that’s the biggest selling point of it. The steam that it produces is a quite natural type, and it is proven to be heavy on the germs and dirt. According to the claim of the brand, this germ is able to handle almost 99% of the germs of your laminate floor.
The versatility of floor types is definitely a matter. Because you are not only going to clean off laminate floors only, right? This model comes with compatibility on counter tops, grout, sinks, windows and any other kind of regular floor types.
While cleaning with this mop, it’s not every time that you will have some basic dust only. Sometimes, there will be hard to remove stains and pet residues. To help you in laminate floor cleaner for dog urine(and so on), there is a flip-down Easy Scrubber mechanism. This will definitely give you a hand in dealing with laminate floor streak free cleaning at home or office.
The duster swiveling capacity is quite wide. So, you can be rest assured that you will be able to clean areas that are hard to reach by hands. So, every corner of your house will be clean and shiny.
All of these facts give us the reason to label it as the best laminate floor steam mop.
- Cleans 99% of the germs right away.
- Induces a natural power of steam.
- Deals with all sort of kitchen surfaces and floor types.
- Easy cleaning under the furniture.
- Can clean pretty well with one swipe.
- Wide duster swivels to let you reach on hard to reach areas.
- Cleaning the fabric of the duster comes to be quite hard.
03. Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop: Best Mop System for Laminate Floors
- (2) Quick-Release Mop Heads provided for cleaning large areas or more...
- Super-heated steam is ready in 30 seconds and provides 99.9% sanitization...
- Three levels of Intelligent Steam Control ensure you have the right amount...
Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop is the next pick on the podium. It’s the first and maybe, one of the few Intelligent Steam Control cleaners on the market. Due to its simplistic design, impressive functionality and easy controlling, this had gathered quite some popularity already.
We will show you the features below-
First of all, it’s the super heating system that gives us a guarantee of performance and quality. With this super heater system, you will be able to have a fast cleaning within just 30 seconds.
The intelligent cleaning system is what we’ve got with this model. Therefore, you will have three levels of control over the operation of the device. So, selecting the right amount of steam will be no more a problem.
Due to the double-sided cleaning system pocket technology, you can clean faster with every side of the fiber. Right after you are done with the cleaning, the drying process will be quite fast.
From every viewpoint, this Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop is the best mop system for laminate floors. Let us know what do you think on this model-
- Quick release mop head.
- Able to clean large spaces on your home.
- Three levels of smart and intelligent cleaning.
- Precise control on the release amount of steam.
- Wide area to cover, but dried out pretty fast.
- Convenient, easy to handle design.
- Classy aesthetics with nice outlook.
- Requires quite frequent maintenance.
04. O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop
- Super-absorbent microfiber effectively cleans with just water
- DUAL-SIDED MOP HEAD - The large, dual-sided microfiber mop head flips...
- REFILLABLE BOTTLE - Just fill bottle with water and add 2 small teaspoons...
When it is about selecting the perfect mop for laminate floors, spray mop is the kind that tops many people’s list. One of such kinds of mop is here at this moment to discuss. It’s named as O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop and we’re going to disclose the insider facts of this model right away.
First thing first, it’s the dual-sided mop head that we’re excited to figure out. As there is a microfiber layer on both sides of the mop, cleaning with it becomes way easier than what it is with a one-sided one. You can literally clean floors faster.
As its a spray type mop, you have to fill the container up with liquid cleaner. There is a convenient bottle to intake the cleaning solution. All you have to do is fill it up with water and put a couple of tablespoons of your favorite cleaning solution, and that’s it.
With just one press on the button will release the bottle. You don’t have to take hectic engineering on that purpose. But the refill should be changed every 3 to 6 months.
The microfiber that’s used in this mop is quite top-notch. It would be sufficient to absorb both macro and micro level of dirt and dust particles.
You can use it both with the cleaning solution or without it. When it’s dry, it would take the specks of dust and macro-sized dry dirt off. But in case you’re interested in deep cleaning, we recommend going with the wet mode, as it will unleash its ability to fight with deep level dirt in that mode.
- Dual mop head for faster cleaning.
- Easy to operate a cleaning solution container bottle.
- Can be used both in used or dry condition.
- Quick, one-touch bottle release.
- Rich with high-quality microfiber.
- It’s not a great pad to wash in machines.
05. Bissell 1806: Best Microfiber Mop for Laminate Floors
- Sanitize your hard floors to eliminate 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria...
- Power fresh deluxe steam mop has an On Board spot boost brush to remove...
- Leave behind a refreshing spring breeze scent as you clean.Power Rating: 12...
This may look like a regular mop but it is a steam mop. It can kill 99.9% of bacteria and other germs with only using water. So, no harsh chemical is used and obviously, it will save your hard-earned bucks.
The steam mop comes with a spot boost brush (on board). It can clean sticky dirt in a messy area. It can not only just clean but also left a spring breeze scent. That is refreshing indeed. You will get 4 discs of spring breeze aroma fragrance.
You will glad to know that the Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop also comes with two types of cleaning pads to meet up all the cleaning needs you may require- one is soft pad (microfiber) for daily cleaning purpose and another one is soft pad (microfiber) with scrubbing design to clean tough and sticky dirt. Due to the high quality microfiber pad, it’s therefore, our best microfiber mop for laminate floors.
Another amazing advantage is the mop can prevent growth rate of bacteria on its pads. And you know that bacteria are the main culprit of odor. So, you will get more hygienic than other steam mops. Thanks to its Infused Microban technology that is applied on those pads.
You may have to clean the sticky mess and regular dirt at the same time. are you thinking that it will take much time to change pad? No, its quick-grip release design makes that easier than what you are thinking. So, you won’t have the hassle of plugin again and again.
The one more feature that can also save you valuable time. the feature is its 25 feet long cord. It is long enough to cover an area of 450 square feet. So, it will reduce your effort even if the laminate floor is sticky after cleaning.
Overall, the product can serve in adopting the best way to mop laminate floors. All you need to do is following the guide that is provided by the manufacturer.
- 25 feet long cord.
- 2 types of cord for regular cleaning and sticky dirt cleaning.
- Spring breeze aroma fragrance.
- Quick-grip release feature to quickly change between pads.
- Infused Microban technology is used to prevent bacterial growth.
- Two settings, high and low and that can warm-up in only 30 seconds.
- The water tank can be refilled without removing it.
- Some reviewers claim that the cap can break easily.
06. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steamer: Best Quick Mop for Laminate Floors
- Unique square steam mop easily swivel steering and maneuver around corners...
- Large bottom tank for better steam penetration and higher steaming...
- Steam is released at the touch of a button, which is easy to operate. It...
You might be aware of cleaning under the table, bed and every corner of your room or hallway. You should clean those areas with this steam mop. To make that easier the Light “N” Easy mop comes with a fluid handle. The 360-degree rotation capability handle can make easier to clean those areas.
Though it has a 360-degree rotational handle, it can stay stand up on its own. You don’t have to worry that it couldn’t. Other than that, the fluid handle there is more to offer you-
Let’s talk about the intelligent sensor-
Sometimes more steam is needed to clean tough sticky messes. That time you just need to move quickly the mop. And it will release more steam. Smart enough, isn’t it? Therefore, it’s labeled as the best quick mop for laminate floors of the list.
Apparently, you have the option to choose from three common temperature settings- low, medium and high. Set the temperature according to what you are going to clean.
It can remove bacteria, germs and such contaminant by 99.9% from hardwood, tile, carpet, laminated floor, etc. A versatile laminate floor deep cleaning assistant, isn’t it?
So, what about the water tank? You may be thinking about it, right?
Simple and easy to refill the 11.5Oz water tank. Unplug the power cord and remove the cap to refill water. Just keep an eye on the max line while filling water. Don’t cross the line. After filling water replace the cap, plug in the cord and start to use it after 30 seconds. It will take only 30 seconds to heat water.
- Large water tank reduces the time of refill.
- It has a 360-degree rotational handle to reach every corner easily.
- It can keep standup with its own. So, it requires a small area to store it.
- The given power cord is long enough to cover any room and you don’t have to change outlets frequently.
- Assists with efficiency as a laminate floor deep cleaner mop.
- Intelligent sensor to increase the steam temperature while moving the mop.
- It kills germs and bacteria by 99.9% with only steam temperature. No harsh chemical is required.
- Reusable mopping cloth.
- You may feel pain while washing the mop cloth.
#07 O-Cedar EasyWring: Best Spin Mop for Laminate Floors
- Exclusive bucket design has built-in wringer that allows for hands-free...
- Deep-cleaning microfiber removes and absorbs tough dirt and grime
- High-quality foot pedal designed to activate spin wringing, allowing the...
The easy wringing mechanism is one of the special features that make it convenient. The bucket has a built-in wringer and it is operated by foot. You just need to place the mop head into the wringer and press the pedal with foot. It will rinse away water and dirt from the mop head. Isn’t it smart?
The mop head is designed as triangle-shaped. It helps to reach into corners. So, it is easy to clean corners now. Moreover, the mop head is capable to rotate 360-degrees. However, this is indeed a useful feature for cleaning under furniture.
The machine washable mop head is built from microfiber and that can be used as a wet or dry state as a laminate floor cleaner and shiner. Use wet when you need deep clean or you can use it dry when you just need to clean the dust only.
O-Cedar EasyWring Mop is quite affordable in price and performance is satisfactory according to price. Within this price range, O-Cedar EasyWring is the winner for sure.
No matter, which type of floor you need to clean. The mop is suitable for all types of floor. It will not leave any marks after cleaning. So, you will get a fresh floor after every use.
However, this has a strong spray nozzle, with eco-friendly, and it’s lasting and durable. The strong spinning rotative force had given it the claim of one of the best spin mop for laminate floors in the market.
You may not like splash while cleaning, right? That’s why the manufacturer includes splashguard. It will keep splashes inside the given bucket while rinsing the mop head. Isn’t it a great feature?
- It supports all types of floor.
- The easy wringing mechanism that is used foot-pedal to wring.
- Splashguard to keep splash inside of the bucket.
- Amazing price-quality ratio.
- No power is needed to operate it.
- Great for kitchen, small spaces and corners.
- Machine washable microfiber mop head.
- Telescopic long adjustable handle. So, different height people can use it.
- Some of the parts of this product are made of plastic. Those parts are claimed that not durable. So, you may need to replace those tarts after a certain time.
08 Swiffer WetJet – Best Laminate Wood Floor Mop
- ABSORB + LOCK STRIP helps trap dirt & grime deep in pad so it doesn't get...
- This floor mop is safe on all finished wood floors. Do not use on...
- Designed to give you a great clean and act as a laminate floor cleaner and...
What can make a cleaner more effective?
Great absorbing power with strip pad design can make a cleaner more effective, I think. What is your opinion? Swift WetJet design has those two criteria to meet up your demand while cleaning.
If you are having a tough time with hardwood floor, laminate floor or tile floor, then you can have it. The Swifter Wetjet design to perform wood laminate floor cleaning chores. But it supports other types of the floor too. On that point, we’ve stated it up as the best steam mop for laminate wood floors.
Also, it is a battery powered device. If you are having a problem with the outlet, then you don’t have to worry about it. Or you could have a floor full of furniture. A wired cleaner can be stuck with the floor. you will feel no disturbances regarding cord issue. You can this cleaner as unrestricted by distance.
It comes with a 500ml water tank, 2 moping pad, and 3 extra pad refills. If you are a home user, then the water tank is ideal for you. You won’t have to refill frequently while cleaning your home.
Moping pads are not reusable. So, you have to renew after getting it dirty. Those pads are not pricey though. But a little bit pricey than the washable pads. And one benefit is, No matter what kind of messy floor you have. The powerful cleaning pad and two spray holes together can make your floor shine again.
- Super absorbing power and strip design pad.
- It comes with 2 moping pad and 3 extra pad refills.
- Two holes situated on the upper side of the mop head.
- Great for uniform spray.
- Battery powered cleaner.
- literally unrestricted by distance.
- Require small storage space.
- Not reusable pad.
09. Homitt Electric Spin Mop Floor Scrubber
Assume that you have to clean an area where there is no outlet near. A wireless electric mop can make that easier to you, right. And the Homitt Electric Spin Mop is the best mop to use on laminate floors that comes to solve your such problem.
You may think that it is heavyweight mop as it is operated by battery. But fortunately, BIG “NO”. This is only 2.48 Lbs. in weight. And the mop can run for 50 minutes with a single charge and it takes only 3.5-4 hours to charge. I think enough time to clean a 4000 square feet area. It has a 300ml water tank and it can spray water with a spin speed of 120r per minute. Fast enough to clean quickly.
Height adjustable feature makes it convenient to use for different height people and different types of need at the same time. The handle can be adjusted between 40.1 inches to 46.5 inches.
It comes with 2 scrubby pads that are used to clean sticky messes and 2 soft pads for regular cleaning. Those pads are washable. So, you can reuse those. No extra cost is needed for purchasing pads from time to time. All you need to do is to adopt it with other laminate floor cleaning equipment inside the box.
What about the grip?
The right question indeed. It has a p-shaped (Ergonomic) grip and keys are designed to place such a way, so that, you can operate it with only one hand as you go forward with dull laminate floor cleaning.
Simple operating system. There is only two key- one is for spraying water and another one is for controlling the spin speed while cleaning.
- Ergonomic handle for easy to use.
- Battery powered design that is unrestricted by distance.
- Can run up to 50 minutes with a single charge.
- Only 3.5-4 hours charging time.
- Double design microfiber mop.
- Lightweight design.
- Though it is battery powered.
- You need to empty the tank before charging.
10 JINCLEAN™ 24″ Industrial Class Cotton Floor Mop
- 🚮 FULLY PP PACKAGE ENTIRE MOP - You really don't worry about brand new...
- 🌲 WHY YOU SPEND MORE? - Business buyer love to JINCLEAN. Reasonable...
- 💐 ECO-Lover - DON'T LIKE CHEMICALS? – Our incredible cotton mop pads...
If you are looking for a cheap but effective mop, then maybe you are in the right section.
I told it cheap but effective. Why?
Maybe you don’t like to use harsh chemical. And using harsh chemical is not good for your health or environment. You can clean sticky dirt and debris without using such harsh chemicals. Isn’t it cost effective?
Reasonable in price but you can use it for cleaning garage, office or home. No matter which type of floor you own. It can serve you.
It has a head of 24×11 inches, surely it will save your cleaning time. the mop head and the handle can easily be detached or attached with easy push lock system. When need to store it, just detach the head and store it to keep it in small storage space.
One-touch technology is used to adjust the handle length. You can increase the length of the steel handle from 34 inches to 59 inches. And this can be done in a single moment. Thanks to its one-touch technology.
Machine washable mop head is made with industrial class cotton. This type of cotton can attract dirt and dust. So, you will require less effort while cleaning. This is a hand operated cleaner, so, you will feel that this feature is incredible.
If you are in tight in budget and at the same time need effective clean, then this mop could be a great option.
- Large covering surface area at once (24×11 inches).
- Strong steel made the telescopic handle.
- Adjustable handle with one-touch technology.
- The handle is easy to attach and detach from the head.
- Reasonable price with effective performance.
- Easy to store.
- You may find difficulty while cleaning the mop head as it is large.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Rated Mop for Laminate Floors
Buying the best mop for laminate floors takes a number of things under consideration. You can make it certain that, if you’re an experienced user, you can’t even get them all right. In order to do that, you’ve pick up the best type of mop for laminate floors within your budget.
Therefore, here is an extensive buyer’s guide for best mop for laminate floors-
The Cleaning Technology
Firstly, you have to choose among three of the most common technologies that mop models use. It’s the steam-based cleaning, the detergent-based cleaning, and the vacuum cleaning. In terms of price, the vacuum cleaners are the priciest, and the detergent cleaners are the cheapest. So, steam cleaners are kind of a middle choice when it’s about best mop solution for laminate floors.
what is the best way to mop a laminate floor as long as design is concerned? Well, we don’t have a definite answer to this question. You are supposed to clean every nook and corners of the house with the cleaner mop. But the design of the mop and it’s cleaning fiber should allow you so. While buying, make sure that the handle is adjustable and the cleaning pad comes with an adjustable neck.
The Price-quality Ratio
For many of the users, the price-quality ratio plays to be a great factor in choosing the best mop to use on laminate wood floors. If you are one of them, then the price should be a very important factor to consider. As we have told before, detergent-based mops are the least expensive models and vacuum based mops are the most expensive of them all. If you know how to mop a laminate floor with proper care, a budget-friendly pick can be also a good choice.
Types of mop:
As we’ve been concerned about several best picks of laminate floor mops, it’s imperative to learn how many of them are actually there. We’re talking about the four kinds of floor mops that we get to use on a daily basis.
Here we go-
With many mops, the floor remains wet and slippery after it’s cleaned. The kind of mop that comes with a solution to this problem is a spin mop. It comes with a motor that rotates the cleaning head on a particular area and induces deep clean on it.
With spray kind of mops, you will be given with a bottle container of your favorite cleaning solution. All you have to do is refill it after each session, and you can release the exact amount of solution you want by spraying it on the object.
Steam cleaning is regarded as one of the best kinds of cleaning action in the industry. When it comes to floor cleaning, steam mops are the one which lets you induce steam cleaning on the dirt and stubborn dust on the floor.
These are kind of basic kind of mops, as the name suggests. All it can do is, it cleans off the dust and large-in-size, macro-level dirt. As deep cleaning is concerned, this is of no use.
Benefits Of Using The Best Mop For Laminate Floors
Why would you compromise with the best quality of a mop for your laminate floor? Here goes the reason not to do that-
- It keeps the floor clean, free of dirt and dust.
- It helps in deep cleaning and taking stubborn dirt away.
- It brings back the original shine that your laminate floor used to have while new.
- It makes your laminate floor cleaning task easier and quicker.
- With the best mop for laminate floors, you’ll have better control over how your floor will look like.
- If you’re concerned about hygiene, this is the thing you need to own.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question: Which kind of laminate floor mop is perfect for deep cleaning?
Answer: As long as deep cleaning is concerned, you better stick to steam mops.
Question: How much of the cleaning solution would I require to put in the mop bottle?
Answer: It depends on the level and amount of dirt you are going to deal with. Usually, 100-200ml is good for one session.
Question: Is there any option for dry cleaning my laminate floor?
Answer: Yeah, each of the mops can be put into dry cleaning if you don’t use the sprayer/steam mechanism.
Question: Where to buy the best mop for a laminate floor?
Answer: Mostly, it’s good to purchase the right one from a trusted online store like Amazon. But there are local chain shops and hardware stores as well.
However, that’s the wrap up of today’s best mop for laminate floor reviews. We have done an extensive analysis of what is important and what is not for each of these handpicked models. Good luck with buying the best thing to mop laminate floors with for your budget!