You might have looked all over to find a vacuum that is inexpensive and gives exceptional results as well. We all have!
Our search ended when we came across the Bissell PowerForce Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum. With this automatic vacuum you no longer have to settle for a broom to keep up with your budget.
It has all the features needed for perfect cleanup and is ideal for those within a budget. A lot of homeowners, as well as professionals, have sung songs of praise for this baby!
Read on to find out all about it in our Bissell PowerForce Helix review!
Why Go for an Upright Vacuum?
With all the different kinds of vacuum available, this one question might come into play. Keep scrolling to know the benefits of having an upright vacuum and hopefully, that answers your question!
One Vacuum for All Surfaces:
Upright vacuums are the OG when it comes to cleaning any kind of surface in your house. Whether you want your floor free of dirt or your carpet looking fresh, this is the one you’ll be reaching out to.
All credits go to their different set of attachments. Most upright vacuum cleaners come with a motorized brush that is known to give exemplary results for keeping rugs clean! The weight along with suction is great for sucking in all kinds of embedded dirt, making it the best for deep cleaning.
Not to mention its floor nozzle that sucks in all kinds of debris you can think of!
Ease of Cleaning:
Upright vacuums might be big in size but they need not be moved around too much. An attached hose makes it easy to reach out to a great area without shifting it from its place.
Moving a vacuum cleaner can be a hassle if you’re someone who easily strains their back. Moreover, this feature is handy when you’re in a hurry and just need a quick pickup from a particular area.
Similar to the last point, upright cleaners stand straight in one place, meaning you don’t have to bend or move too much to get the work done. Use the hose to get the cleaning done without getting those backaches!
Wide Cleaning Path:
These machines can be quite bulky in appearance. While that might be a disadvantage under certain circumstances, but when it comes to maximum reach it surely isn’t one!
You can go cleaning a large house within minutes, making your life easier. Besides, less time cleaning and more time relaxing is really what we all desire!
Why Bissell over Others?
Bissell has been a renowned name in the market for as long as 140 years and more. With excellence in performance and delivering the utmost comfort to its users, the company has been a favorite to many.
Its vacuum cleaners have been known to put an end to stressing about small cleanups. Their products are designed in a way so as to pick up any kind of dirt you name and give a flawless finish!
Here’s a cherry on top:
For every appliance you purchase from them, Bissell donates 10% of it to homeless pets. Their pet foundation works relentlessly to provide a better life for furry animals and you can contribute towards it as well!
Rest assured, with the Bissell PowerForce Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum 2191, you can sit back and relax because you just got yourself the best deal!
Quick Summary of Bissell PowerForce Helix Vacuum Cleaner
It’s a busy world and you don’t have time for a detailed review, we understand! Don’t worry because here’s an overview of what our review talks about.
|Dimensions||9.5 x 14.25 x 32 inches|
|Cord Length||23 feet|
|Hose Length||5 feet|
|Power Rating||8 amps|
|Tank Capacity||1 liter|
|Color||Blue & Black|
- Crevice tool.
- Dusting brush.
- Extension wand.
What We Like:
- Adequate suction power.
- Cleans all kinds of surfaces effectively.
- Brush for sensitive materials.
- Easy to clean.
- Properly traps dust in.
What We Don’t Like:
- The attachments tend to fall off-board.
- No cord retractor.
- Stiff hose.
The Bissell PowerForce Vacuum Cleaner is a force to reckon with. It has a friendly Baha blue exterior that looks inviting and once turned on, it’s a monster for all the dirt in your house!
Its high suction power is enough to pick up any kind of debris on your floor and carpet. Switch to the crevice tool along with the extension wand to reach all the crannies in your house, freeing them of germs!
The best part is that it has a dusting brush to clean more sensitive materials. You can use this to clean your lamps, curtains, and even keyboards!
Moreover, it’s bagless meaning there’s no extra work in cleaning the vacuum itself. All you need to do is remove the tank and release all the gunk inside with the push of a button! For the filter, take it out and give it a rinse before using it for the next task.
A unique feature of the Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo is that it has height adjustment settings. When you’re shifting from the floor to carpet, choose from the five settings, and modify it accordingly.
The main drawback that most of the Bissell PowerForce Helix reviews talk about is the stiff hose. We would not try to defend it because that is an actual problem with no solution. Nevertheless, the extension brush might be of some help in getting the reach you need from the vacuum.
Additionally, with a cord of 23 feet, it gets hard to manage it. One feature Bissell Helix doesn’t have is a cord retractor. Although the cord sticks well but it’s quite difficult to sustain it and needs to be done manually.
Nevertheless, this fireball that was previously known as Bissell PowerForce Helix Bagless Vacuum 1700, is definitely one of the best buys! Given all its fantastic features, the cons seem like a little sacrifice to live with.
Let’s Talk about Performance
For this discussion, we want to get into details. Ergo, we’ve broken down the output of each feature into parts.
From the various Bissell Helix reviews, you might have known that this one comes with a set of handy tools. All of them provide optimum cleaning results by using the same high suction power.
Let’s start off with the basic roller that is the main cleaner. From carpets to floors, there’s not a single debris that gets left behind with this wide brush.
If you’re done with the grounds and wanna move up to your furniture, use the extension wand along with the hose. While the hose is more on the stiff end, the extension wand provides a little flexibility to it, expanding its reach.
Combine the wand with the crevice tool to take out dirt from every corner of your house. The best part is that this tool can also be used to clean your car. The interior of a car can be tricky to clean, given all its nooks, but the crevice tool has no problem taking up this challenge!
Finally, comes the dusting brush that is made of softer but stiff bristles. It’s great for cleaning out your lamp sheds and curtains. Similar to the crevice tool, this one can also be used for the cars!
With a weight of only 12 lbs, the Bissell PowerForce Helix 2191 is fairly easy to move. Even though it looks bulky, once you take it in, you’ll realize it’s almost like you’re playing with a toy. You can easily maneuver it throughout the house without having those awful body pains.
Just cause it feels like a toy doesn’t mean it’s not durable enough. The Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo has been known to be a trusty friend for many years!
The Bissell PowerForce Helix filter is as powerful as a cyclone! It effortlessly sucks in all the dirt, separating them as they go in the dirt tank.
Since the filter can be seen through the transparent canister, you’ll notice them going in a helix pattern. This is super useful since it ensures that the debris flowing in doesn’t clog the hose or the dirt tank. And hey, we also solved the mystery of why the Bissell PowerForce has the name Helix in it!
Step-by-Step Instructions on Assembling:
We saw in a Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo review, that many users had trouble with how to set the machine up. The body of the vacuum comes pre-assembled and it’s the parts that require the attachments. To clear any confusion about this, read the process below:
- Place the upper handle onto the base and push it down. Ensure to fix it properly before screwing it up. You’ll notice that the screws are taped to the handle in a plastic bag. Use those to secure the handle in place to get a good grip on the vacuum!
- Insert the lower cord wrap and turn it to the left to lock it into place. While it doesn’t have a cord retractor, this handy tool keeps the cord in place. After attaching it, wrap the cord like a snake and attach the end to the cord itself!
- Insert the end of the hose to the back of the vacuum and twist it to lock it! This step must be done carefully so as to not let the hose loose during the cleaning. You can only imagine the mess if that happens!
- The hose can then be wrapped around and affixed with the hose clip to the back of the vacuum. The mouth of the hose is put in a place at the bottom to keep it tucked it before use.
- Finally, accessories! There’s an onboard storage place for them. Although keep in mind that they often keep falling out of there.
- You might be going berserk looking for the crevice tool! Take a look inside the extension wand and you’ll find it neatly hiding in there.
That’s it! In just 5 steps you can fasten all the parts on the Bissell PowerForce Bagless Vacuum. If you need more guidance, it’s always a good idea to look through the user manual.
Know the Settings!
Once you’re done assembling the Bissell PowerForce, it’s time to get used to the adjustments and settings. Here’s a guide on how to handle them.
Red Power Switch:
You can locate this switch on the bottom and easily press it with your foot. This one is for the main function without which your vacuum will not move! Use it to power the machine on and off.
This is known as the recline pedal and can be used to lean your vacuum back for cleaning convenience. Press it twice to slant it further to adjust it according to your comfort. Like the power button, this one’s also easy to reach with your foot, ending the trouble of bending down.
Once that’s done, you can smoothly raise your vacuum back to its initial position.
Blue Dial With Five Settings:
Located at the front of the vacuum and marked with five settings, this one’s for height adjustment. Remember how we talked about a unique feature that makes the Bissell PowerForce vacuum cleaner convenient? It’s this one!
Choose the “bare floor” marker for your floor and turn the dial towards the “high carpet” option to alter it accordingly. The marks in between can be used according to the flooring type.
We’ve already talked in brief about the tools that come with it. These have to be attached to the hose and/or the extension wand in order to get the best cleaning experience for all surfaces!
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Using a new machine can be hard for anyone and these questions come from new users as such yourself. Below we have the top three questions that are asked the most:
01. Can I Clean Pet Hair with This?
We’ll not be exaggerating when we say: it’s the best for it!
The heavy suction power combined with the different tools are excellent for picking up fur from anywhere. Our furry friends have a way of leaving their mark in the most unreachable places. Lucky for you, this baby uses its crevice tool and dust brush to clean after their messes from all areas!
02. Can the Parts on My Bissell Helix be Replaced?
Yes! This dynamite is a life long friend since you easily find the replaceable parts. Click on each part below to purchase:
03. How Hard Is it to Maintain the Bissell PowerForce?
We would rate this a 3 on a scale of 1 to 5. It does take a bit of effort but it’s easy once you get used to it. Follow the instructions below to mitigate your strain in the first attempt.
- Dirt Container: There’s a button tagged “Empty” on the handle of the canister. Press on it and pull to remove the container away from the vacuum. Next, hold it over a trash can and use the grey release button to let the gunk see their way out!
- Premotor Filter: Open the dirt container lid, using a release latch on the front to get access to the filter. You’ll find the premotor filter sitting on the lid, eagerly waiting for you to give it a rinse! Once you’ve done that, wait for it to dry and place it back in the container for the next run.
- Separator: This one is fairly easy. First, give the container a little twist to safely bring out the separator. Give it a rinse or wipe with a wet towel to make it as good as new!
When you twist open the separator, you can easily take out all the parts of the dirt container in order to wash them up. This step is highly recommended for customers who use their vacuum frequently.
- Brush: The brush cleaning might be the most tricky part. To be honest, taking the brush out is the more strenuous task. So, let’s break that down into steps!
- Turn the vacuum off and unplug it from the power source.
- Turn the unit over and unscrew the five screws attached to the bottom cover.
- Pull the roller out and remove the belt on it.
- Wipe it with a paper towel or replace it as you wish!
- After you’re done, align the ends of the brush in the same place you took it out from and tug it in properly. Pull the brush a little to stretch the belt.
- Finally, place the bottom cover back on and screw it up!
Cleaning the brush is important to ensure consistent performance. Free it from tangled hair or remove the gunk out so that the Bissell Helix is ready for the next sesh!
- Hose: Last but not least, the hose! A clogged hose is the downfall of the suction power of any vacuum.
To guarantee that this doesn’t happen to your cleaner, check the hose from both the rear and front to free it from debris. The best way to reach inside the hose is probably by using a thin stick, like chopstick!
To Buy or Not to Buy
In our opinion, the maneuverability, versatility, and a promise to deliver the best results is what makes Bissell Helix worthy of buying. This one proves that a vacuum doesn’t have to be expensive to make your house immaculate!
Our Bissell Powerforce Helix review tried to incorporate all the reasons and the little tips we had for it. Did we miss out on anything?
Let us know by leaving a comment!
Related Product Review: