Nowadays, there’s an endless carousel of options to choose from when buying a new vacuum cleaner. Depending on your needs, preferences, budget, you may have a few picks in mind.
But what if you’re confused between two brands? More specifically, what if you’re stuck between choosing Miele vs Dyson vacuums?
Quite a dilemma right? If you can’t choose between a Miele vacuum vs Dyson one, this article is for you. Besides comparing the two brands, I will also briefly review some of the best vacuums of each of these lines.
If you want a Dyson vs Miele showdown to help make up your mind, keep reading!
You may also like: Sebo vs Miele Vacuums
Miele vs. Dyson Vacuum: A Comparison Chart
|Different models||Canister Bagless Robot Cordless||CordlessUprightOmni-glide|
|Lifespan||20 years||10 years|
|Maneuverability||Medium to High||High|
|User Views||Prefer the suction and durability||Prefer the suction and portability|
A Brief Miele Vacuums Overview
If you’re looking for a high-end vacuum, Miele vacuums should definitely make it to the top of your choice. Miele has a range of durable, yet sleek vacuums that can deal with the most stubborn kinds of dirt.
Besides the increasingly popular Miele stick vacuum cleaner, you can also get the classic canister vacuums, as well as bagless versions, and even robot vacuums. For vacuums meant for heavily carpeted floors, you can get vacuums with an electro-brush.
If you want to compare Miele vacuums, most experts suggest looking at compact stick models versus the larger canister ones. Either way, you get vortex technology that will suction dirt quickly, without creating clouds of dust.
A Quick Look at Dyson Vacuums
Dyson’s claim to fame is that the brand revolutionized bagged vacuums, fixing their issues. Dust tends to clog up bags and pipes, making them harder to maintain. Instead, Dyson vacuums use cyclonic separation technology to remove allergens, dust, and fine dirt.
Once separated, the debris is trapped away in a secure bin, which can be emptied very easily. All this makes Dyson vacuums very low maintenance. Besides this, the Dyson Ball design on their canister vacuums makes them easier to maneuver around the house.
You can get stick vacuums, handheld units, upright vacuums, as well as canisters. Like Miele, Dyson vacuums are known for their high prices, but their versatile range and modern technology make them well worth the price.
Miele vs Dyson Comparison: How Do They Hold Up?
So, which is better? Is the Miele vs. Dyson cordless vacuum superior? When it comes to suction, who wins in the Miele stick vacuum vs. Dyson ones? This section will dissect how the two hold up in a couple of major areas.
When it comes to vacuuming power and suction, both Miele and Dyson are pretty impressive. This applies to all their models, from lightweight stick vacuums to traditional upright ones.
However, I must admit that Dyson’s cyclonic technology is pretty impressive, especially if you prefer bagless models.
However, if you have a dust allergy or asthma, you will prefer Miele vacuums as they will result in less dust floating around as you clean.
Moreover, Miele canister vacuums are a little on the bulkier side, when compared to Dyson’s upright models. They are a little harder to move around the house, especially if you have mobility issues. Dyson’s vacuums are much more streamlined and are thus easier to store.
So when it comes to Dyson vs. Miele canister vacuums, Dyson takes the cake.
Extra Features and Accessories:
It’s a well-known fact that Dyson vacuums come with handy useful accessories. Besides handheld attachments that you can use to clean above-ground fixtures, accessories for cordless vacuums include crevice tools and dirt brushes.
Dyson corded vacuums also come with things like dusting brushes, extendable hoses, and nylon dirt brushes. You can also purchase grooming tools for your pets, tangle-free turbine tools, and reach-under tools.
Meanwhile, Miele offers tools such as a special nozzle to clean your mattress, radiator brushes, extra vacuum bags, and filters, as well as beater bars and upholstery nozzles.
It is pretty obvious that both Miele and Dyson vacuums are pretty expensive. When it comes to prices, Miele cordless vacuum vs. the Dyson V11 model, these vacuums are very similar in price. However, Dyson has a wider price range, so if you want something slightly cheaper, Dyson has more of a leeway.
You may also like: Miele vacuum cleaner c2 vs c3
Top Miele Vacuums, Ranked
Here are the best Miele vacuums out there, along with their pros and cons.
01. Miele Classic C1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner [Top Pick]
- GERMAN ENGINEERED: Bagged canister vacuum cleaner ideal for homes with hard...
- STRONG SUCTION POWER: Switch between 6 suction power settings specific to...
- MAXIMUM MANEUVERABILITY: Vacuum easily around and underneath furniture, or...
You can’t go wrong with the Miele C1. This classic bagged canister vacuum is powerful, yet quiet. Because it is lightweight, you can drag it around with ease and convenience, even sliding the head under your furniture for deep cleaning.
The unique AirClean System uses special filters and bags to ensure that maximum dust and allergens are trapped, purifying the inside of your home. It also comes with many accessories that simplify cleaning.
If that wasn’t enough to convince you, Miele comes with a 7-year warranty that will have you covered in case of accidents and unintentional damage.
- The vortex motor offers next-level cleaning and powerful suction.
- A combination floorhead makes it suitable for both carpet and hardwood floors.
- The long electrical cord and hose increase the cleaning radius.
- This unit is very durable and comes with a long warranty.
- The instruction manual tends to be rather vague.
- The unit tends to tip over easily.
02. Miele Complete C3 Calima Canister HEPA Vacuum Cleaner [Best for Removing Allergens]
- Bundles Includes - Miele's AH50 GN Performance Pack - Comes With 16 Genuine...
- Lightweight, Quiet and Powerful Thanks to Miele's Amazing 1200-Watt Vortex...
- Comes with Miele STB 305-3 Turbobrush - Activated by the Suction that is...
If you’re prone to allergies, this Miele vacuum is for you. The 1200-Watt Vortex Motor whips up quite a storm, whisking away dust, dander, and dirt very quickly. As a result, you won’t have to deal with dust bunnies floating around in the air.
It has a roller brush that loosens stubborn dirt from high pile carpets. As a result, it is also a good choice for those with carpeted homes. The vacuum head rotates at a 90-degree angle, so it can easily remove dirt from hard-to-reach areas.
Besides this, it includes lots of additional cleaning tools like a Crevice Tool, a Dusting Brush, as well as an Upholstery Tool.
- Strong and consistent suction power.
- The secure filter removes the tiniest allergens and pollutants.
- Doesn’t make much noise.
- Not heavy or bulky, although it is a canister vacuum.
- The brushes can get snagged on low-pile carpets.
- The price is very high.
03. Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum [For Pet Owners]
Have a pet? This vacuum comes with an electro-brush with a five-level height adjustment, enabling you to get rid of the fur littering your floors. The independent motor also makes it suitable for bigger homes, or those with lots of carpets.
It also includes a Parquet Twister that offers 180° rotation for flexible and gentle care of smooth, delicate surfaces. This vacuum also has a filter with active charcoal layers that neutralize and absorb funky pet odors.
The C3 is comfortable to use with smooth grips and comes with the standard Miele accessories: a dusting brush, upholstery tool, and special crevice nozzle to simplify cleaning. But it also has a Mini Turbo Brush that makes it easier to remove pet hair from furniture and upholstery.
- Removes pet hair very well from different kinds of surfaces.
- Excellent suction and cleaning ability.
- Offers great value for money as it is pretty durable and very functional.
- Good maneuverability, so you can clean upholstery and furniture as well.
- Not the greatest option for low-pile carpets.
- The cleaning wand is very heavy.
04. Miele Triflex HX1 Battery Powered Bagless Stick Vacuum [Easy to Use]
- Miele’s unique 3in1 design for exceptional flexibility. Comfortable...
- As strong as Miele’s most powerful corded vacuum series. For perfect...
- Exchangeable VARTA Li-Ion battery for up to 60 minutes run-time.
Not into dragging a huge canister around? This lightweight model has no canister or bulky cords so you can easily slide it around the house. You can use it to clean floors, furniture, and even things like stairs and ceilings.
It is one of the most powerful Miele vacuums, in spite of its streamlined and lightweight design. The 60-minute run time is suitable for most houses and gives you enough time to thoroughly vacuum your entire home.
The electro-brush is wide, covering more ground as you clean. It cleans equally well on all floor surfaces with ease. I really liked how it has a simple button that can be pressed down for cleaning instead of holding down a trigger.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Top-notch cleaning ability, suction power, and motor strength.
- Quiet and good for those with pets and children.
- Great for stairs and ceilings.
- Attaching and removing the body can be a pain.
- Emptying the dirt bin can be difficult.
Top Dyson Vacuums, Ranked
Now let’s meet some of the finest vacuums that Dyson has to offer:
01. Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin Upright Vacuum [Thorough Cleaning]
- Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin High Performance HEPA Filter Upright Vacuum...
- Instant-Release High-Reach Wand and Includes Accessories for all Floor,...
- Includes Dyson Ball Origin Upright Vacuum, Combination Tool, Stair Tool,...
This high-performance Dyson vacuum comes with a HEPA filter, as well as a high-reach wand to clean almost everything. It can clean all sorts of floors, carpets, and otherwise, as well as upholstery.
It uses cyclonic technology to remove microscopic dust, dirt, and allergens with ease and convenience. But that’s not all. It also comes with a self-adjusting cleaner head that seals in suction across both carpets and hard floors.
The washable filter also helps save money as you don’t have to keep buying new ones. However, it also comes with crevice tools, a stair tool, and a combination tool. It works to purify the air around you, making it ideal for those with allergies.
- Powerful suction removes fine dust and hair.
- Can be put together very easily with minimal instruction.
- Lightweight and great for cleaning stairs and above-ground fixtures.
- Not too expensive.
- Not the best for high-pile carpeting.
02. Dyson DC39 Multi-floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner [Quality Design]
- 5 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller
- Dyson cyclone technology captures more dirt and mircoscopic dust than any...
- Radial Root Cyclone technology- airflows remodeled to maximize suction...
With intense suction, this vacuum uses cyclonic technology to get rid of all sorts of unwanted dust and dirt from your floors. The unit has airflows that are remodeled to maximize suction power and get the cleaning job done faster.
It rotates and turns much more easily, so you can clean narrow corners, behind shelves, and under couches and beds with no need for you to crouch down.
At the same time, the trigger-head tool automatically adjusts the vacuum, so you can switch from hardwood to carpets without having to change any settings.
- Maneuvers easily on carpets and hardwood floors.
- Top-notch suction power for deep cleaning.
- Quiet and doesn’t make much noise.
- Easy to use, even for beginners.
- Not the best for high-pile carpeting.
03. Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner [Most Compact Unit]
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of...
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and...
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools...
Want a smart vacuum? Dyson delivers this vacuum with much more power than its contemporaries. It purifies the air around you, removing dirt, dust, allergens, and a hundred little things that pollute your home.
This vacuum is meant to take care of your entire home. The 60-minute run time can clean everything and even optimizes suction and run time for all different floor types. If I could use a word to describe this unit, it would be ‘balanced’.
You can use it with a plethora of attachments, including pet tools, and things to clean crevices and narrow spaces. You can also convert the unit into a handheld one to clean vehicles, upholstery, and furniture.
- The intelligent design adjusts to the surface.
- Sufficient battery life for larger homes.
- Easy to store and maneuver around furniture.
- Lasts for ages without breaking down.
- This unit is pretty expensive.
- You have to hold down a trigger for the vacuum to function.
04. Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum [For Pets and Animals]
- New Torque Drive Cleaner Head - Removes 25% More Dust than the Dyson V8...
- The Dyson Digital V10 Motor Spins At Up to 125,000 RPM to Generate Powerful...
- Three Power Modes - Three Different Power Modes to Suit Any Task on Any...
With 55% more suction than previous models, this cordless unit is ideal for those with pets and children. The Dyson technology removes microscopic dirt like dust and dander to purify your surroundings.
It has 3 cleaning modes, which you can use depending on your cleaning needs. It also comes with a bunch of tools designed to deep clean different parts of your home. While it has an average run time of 60 minutes, this can vary depending on the cleaning mode used.
It can also be turned into a handheld unit to clean cars, trailers, boats, and upholstery, and stairs. The included mini-motorized tool removes fine pet hair from furniture and rugs as well.
- Centrifugal suction efficiently removes microscopic dust and allergens.
- Quality construction ensures longevity.
- Easy maneuverability and portability.
- Long and reliable battery life.
- This unit is very expensive.
- The vacuum cannot be kept switched on.
Below you’ll find answers to questions often asked about Miele and Dyson vacuums.
01. Which Vacuum is Better- Miele or Dyson?
Miele and Dyson both have great vacuums and it usually comes down to personal preference when asked about which is better.
02. Are Dyson Vacuums More Expensive Than Miele?
Miele and Dyson actually come with similar price tags. However, Dyson has a more diverse range so you may find something on the lower end of the price range with their vacuums.
03. Does Miele Have Robot Vacuums?
Yes, Miele has a range of robot vacuums that can be run through an app.
When it comes down to the facts, the Miele vs Dyson debate has no clear answer. What matters is that both ranges of vacuums work great and clean very well with powerful suction.
They are quality products that last for ages and are guaranteed to deliver a great cleaning experience. So if you aren’t sure which one to get, just go by your preferences and pick the one that suits your needs best.